Status reports - why not regularly?

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jan 13 03:44:21 PST 2004

Antal Rutz <arutz at mimoza.pantel.net> writes:
> I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.
> I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly or
> bi-monthly.

We used to, but it proved to be too hard to get people to actually
send in material for the report.  There are basically two ways to do
this:

 1) get committers to submit status reports about the work they have
    done or are currently doing.  Doesn't seem to work.

 2) have somebody keep track of everything that happens and write it
    down.  Nobody has volunteered so far (though bmah@ does it to some
    extent with the release notes)

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no