APIC problem(?)

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Fri Jan 9 07:00:59 PST 2004

hi!

I cvsuped the RELENG_5_2 branch, and built a kernel. But I can't boot
it.

5.1-RELEASE is completely OK:
5.2-RC SMP: does not boot:

After "Timecounter tick every 10.000 msec" row I got the following:

SMP AP CPU#1 Lanched! (as I remember, if I should, I can copy it more
exactly).

And it can't find the root device.

If I disable the SMP and the APIC in the kernel configuration files it
can boot.

I attach the dmesg with 5.2 and one CPU. If it help, I can attach the
dmesg with 5.1 and 2 CPU.

Anyway the box is a Fujitsu-Siemens F250 server with two Xeon
processor. The HTT is enabled.

Can somebody help me? According to the todo list, it belongs to John
Baldwin, but I have an other (independent) problem, so i post this
mail herre (is itt OK?:)

The other problem:

The same machine can not reboot. After I type reboot, the system stop
the processes, write to the consol

..vlnru to stop..
..bufdaemon to stop..
..syncer to stop..

Syncing disks..
Done
Uptime

And that's all. What can be the problem?

Thank you very much,

tompos

ps.: Sorry about my poor english.