ACPI panic

Ducrot Bruno ducrot at poupinou.org
Fri Jan 9 05:15:59 PST 2004

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 08:25:20AM -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Vaidas Damosevicius wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Nate Lawson wrote:
> >
> > > I really need the messages a few lines above the probe_and_attach line.
> > > Also, send your ASL:  acpidump -t -d > vaidas-CompaqNX7000.asl
> >
> > Done
>
> Hmm, not sure what is returning the error but it's probably the call to
> _REG at the end of AcpiInstallAddressSpaceHandler().  Please recompile
> your ACPI module as follows:
>
>    cd /sys/modules/acpi/acpi && make clean && make ACPI_DEBUG=1
>
> Install that module somewhere and add the following to loader.conf:
>
>    debug.acpi.layer="ACPI_EVENTS"
>    debug.acpi.level="ACPI_LV_ALL_EXCEPTIONS"
>
> Then load the new module at the loader prompt ("load /wherever/acpi.ko")
> and report the dmesg like you did this time.

Hum,  Im wondering what happens with something like that:

                    OperationRegion (C0EE, EmbeddedControl, 0x00, 0xFF)
                    Field (C0EE, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                    {
                        Offset (0x80),
                        Offset (0x81),
                            ,   4,
                        C0EF,   4,
                            ,   1,
                        C0F0,   1,
                        ^^^^

                        C0F1,   1,
                            ,   1,
[...]
                    }
[...]

                    Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
                        {
                            Store (Arg1, C0ED)
                            If (Arg1)
                            {
                                C11C (0x07, 0xFF)
                                Store (C11D (), Local0)
                                C11E (Local0, 0x81)
                                And (C0EC, 0x01, C0F0)
                                                 ^^^^
                                And (ShiftRight (C0EC, 0x01), 0x01, C0F2)
                            }
                        }
                    }

The C0F0 is actually a inside the EC space handler, but you have
to call _REG with the second argument (Arg1) as 1 when initiliazing
the space handler before accessing C0F0.

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.