sound/pcm/* bugs (was: Re: page fault panic tracked down (selwakeuppri()) - really sound/pcm/*)

Ryan Sommers ryans at gamersimpact.com
Thu Jan 8 07:04:22 PST 2004

While you guys are looking in snd_pcm here is a bug someone pointed out
to on the lists in another form that I narrowed down.

If you build snd_pcm and your another driver as modules and then only
load snd_pcm.ko and not load your more specific driver you can panic the
system every time by doing a "sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=(something
other then current)". This has been sitting in my TODO list for awhile
but I know nothing about sound driver code so you'd probably have more
luck then I would. :) I'll attach the backtrace I grabbed from my latest
CURRENT kernel. (I haven't checked if this is in a PR or not yet.)

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans at gamersimpact.com