FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT on HP Omnibook 6000 - ACPI problem

Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Wed Jan 7 19:13:09 PST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 06:58:08 +0000
"Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'll have a look at that - thanks.  Out of curiosity, what's the number
> reported there actually mean?  Yesterday my laptop was reporting numbers of
> around 3350 there, so I'm guessing it's not a literal value in any scale I'm
> familiar with.
Temperature is reported in 0.1 degrees Kalvin with O C = 273 K, so
3350 is 62 C.

As a side note -- I have seen shutdown on my laptop when temperature was raising
too fast and fans were not kicking in (I have fair share of mis-features in my
ACPI BIOS). I would tend to believe that when temperature raises too rapidly
ACPI is allowed to shut hardware down without notifying OS to preserve circuitry
from frying. But this is just AFAIK and I am way out of my depth here.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.