EAI_NODATA redefined Patch

David O'Brien obrien at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 6 21:01:54 PST 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:14:49PM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:56:00AM -0800, David O'Brien wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 09:50:29PM -0600, Ryan Sommers wrote:
> > > Attached is a patch to get rid of the "EAI_NODATA redefined" errors in
> > > buildworld. The Makefile lists no MAINTAINER but I know this is contrib
> > > software. Should I submit this as a PR or who is the MAINTAINER?
> >
> > I think I have a different fix.  I'm committing it now.
>
> Please don't commit anything to src/crypto/heimdal.  The issue has been
> corrected in the Heimdal repository and I intend to import it later this
> month.

I thought I could fake it out by adding "-DEAI_ADDRFAMILY" to the
Makefile, as EAI_ADDRFAMILY is what is tested to see if EAI_NODATA is
already defined.  But this didn't work as netdb.h doesn't define all
values of EAI_*. :-(

Why do we have to wait until April 2004 to remove EAI_NODATA from
sys/netdb.h?  Why can't we do it now?

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)