Synaptics Touchpad xfree driver hack :)

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Thu Jan 1 15:24:31 PST 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 22:01, Arne Schwabe wrote:
> Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> > On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 04:01:30 +0900
> >
> > Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > 	PC-MT2-F1), it looks good works.  I was impressed.  So I made a
> > > 	port for synaptics driver.
> >
> > 	Oops, this has a bug. s/INSTALL_PROGRAM/INSTALL_DATA/ like
> > 	following shar.
> >
> > 	Humm..  I like MinSpeed = MaxSpeed = 0.06 (noaccel).  I think
> > 	that 0.02 is too late, and 0.10 is too fast.
>
> Hm okay, I am quite lost now :) I don't almost nothing about ports and such
> (beside installing then). Do I have do something with the stuff you
> posted?
> Sorry for the newbish questions.

You can unshar his attachment (sh attachment). This will create a directory
called "synaptics" with a port system Makefile. I.e. you can cd into that
directory and do the things you can do with any other port ("make install"
most importantly). If everything is correct, this will install (and
deinstall) your patched version of the driver (and make it easier for others
to try it). As Eric already noted, this should go into the -Server port
(-snap for a start, maybe).

Best regards,				| max at love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet #DragonFlyBSD