Aligning GENERIC with NOTES?

Quincey Koziol koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 16 13:38:15 PST 2004

> Quincey Koziol <koziol at ncsa.uiuc.edu> writes:
> >     Ah. :-(  I understand this reason, but this will be spreading the poorly
> > organized format of GENERIC into the better organized format of the NOTES
> > files.  Not something I think is a good idea and I won't proceed if that's
> > the general consensus...
>
> I don't agree that GENERIC is poorly organized.
    Well, it's not _badly_ organized, but it appears more poorly organized
when compared with the NOTES files (to me at least :-).

    One way or another, it would make it much easier to build custom kernel
configs if they had the _same_ organization. :-)

    Perhaps mostly pushing the NOTES files in the direction of GENERIC, with
some small tweaks to GENERIC to clean it up a bit?

    Quincey