WEP and 802.11 drivers

Thomas Sparrevohn Thomas.Sparrevohn at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 16 00:58:21 PST 2004

On Thursday 16 December 2004 08:23, Andrea Campi wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:07:12PM -0500, Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko wrote:
> > Since adding wlan_wep to the kernel config, I do not have traps and
> > double faults, but neither I have wireless connectivity -- card gets
> > configured and claims to associate, occasionally I even get as far as
> > obtaining address via DHCP, but that is all I can get. Intermittently I
> > get 'host is down' from ping. At that point, ifconfig would show
> > 'status' as 'no carrier'.
>
> Try playing with /usr/src/tools/tools/ath/80211debug and set different
> flags until you get some more info. If you see it whining about invalid
> transitions from INIT -> RUN, you are seeing the same issue I am.
> Sam didn't reply to an email about this, so might be either too busy
> or not interested on fixing wi (although at least a reply to that effect
> would be nice). I'll probably start debugging this during the holidays,
> or I'll have to go back to 5.STABLE, which I would hate.
>
> Bye,
> 	Andrea

When I don't get a double fault - I can get it up and running but see exactly
that

ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> INIT
wi_newstate: INIT -> INIT
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> INIT
wi_info_intr: LINK_STAT 0x1
wi_newstate: INIT -> RUN
ieee80211_newstate: INIT -> RUN
ieee80211_newstate: invalid transition

I can reproduce it - However most of the time I still get a double fault in
the arc4rand call to mtx_lock_flags - after looking at the wep_attach code
which seems to be fine - I am beginning to think that it most be something
 else