FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1 Available

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Aug 23 03:36:00 PDT 2004

Ken Smith <kensmith at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is proud to announce the
> availability of FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1.  This is the first BETA of the 5.3
> release cycle.  It is intended for early adopters and those wishing to
> help find and/or fix bugs.

Is there a web site that mentions bugs that are scheduled to be fixed
before 5.3-RELEASE?

These are my personal *MUST-FIX* and 33670 and perhaps 46866 are "last
chance to fix for the next five years or so" (i. e. before FreeBSD 6
goes -STABLE), they cannot be fixed while FreeBSD 5 is -STABLE.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/56675
(ext2fs mount impairs syncher at shutdown, causing super block corruption)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/46866
(critical getpwent()-vs-NIS bug)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/60313
(data corruption: lseek() not reporting alignment error,
 includes patch that address the issue halfways)

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=standards/45738
(includes trivial and obviously correct patch:
 shell flags error for trying to unset a non-existent variable,
 standard demands that this operation be successful)

And this is a *SHOULD-FIX*:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/33670
(security bug: default inetd configuration allows for
 memory exhaustion exploit)

I'm willing to help with these as far as my skills reach.

--
Matthias Andree

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)