HEADSUP: problems loading modules? solution inside

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 12 10:34:27 PDT 2004

Sorry, as it was pointed out, I forgot to include HEADSUP in the subject
line.  Here it is again.

Thanks to Ruslan Ermilov (ru@) for discovering the fix for the problem of

The entry from UPDATING:
        Module loading has been fixed.  Some older installations will
        drop proper module_path initialization and modules will fail to
        load properly.  If you have a line in /boot/loader.rc that says:
        "initialize drop", do (i386 only):
                cp /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/loader/loader.rc /boot/loader.rc
                chown root:wheel /boot/loader.rc
                chmod 444 /boot/loader.rc

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579