HEADSUP: MPSAFE network drivers

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Wed Oct 29 10:51:10 PST 2003

I'm committing changes to mark various network drivers' interrupt handlers
MPSAFE. To insure folks have a way to backout if they hit problems I've also
added a tunable that lets you disable this w/o rebuilding your kernel.  By
default all network drivers that register an interrupt handler INTR_MPSAFE
are setup to run their ISR w/o Giant.  If you want to defeat this w/o
changing the code you can set

debug.mpsafenet=0

from the loader when booting and the MPSAFE bit will automatically be removed.
I plan to use this to also control forthcoming changes for registering MPSAFE
netisrs.

The following drivers are marked MPSAFE:

ath, em, ep, fxp, sn, wi, sis

I've got changes coming for bge.  Other drivers probably can be marked MPSAFE
but I'm only doing it for those drivers that I can test.

	Sam