ATA broken as of yesterday?

Bruno Van Den Bossche bruno.van.den.bossche at pandora.be
Thu Oct 9 10:26:07 PDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:36:12 +0200
Gabriel Ambuehl <gaml at buz.ch> wrote:

> A machine I had recompiled with a CVSUP as of yesterday (and again
> today, to no avail) can't mount root from a HPT370 (/dev/ar0s1a)
> RAID 1 array anymore, with the saved old kernel (two weeks or so I
> think) it boots without any trouble.

I've got the same controller onboard and just cvsupped and rebuild world
and kernel and everyting seems to be working fine.  I don't have my
root-partition on it and it's configured for striping instead of RAID 1.

atapci1: <HighPoint HPT370 UDMA100 controller> port
0xcc00-0xccff,0xc800-0xc803,0xc400-0xc407,0xc000-0xc003,0xbc00-0xbc07
irq 9 at device 14.0 on pci0

--
Bruno

The cow is nothing but a machine with makes grass fit for us people
to eat. -- John McNulty