Fatal trap on RELENG_5_1 SMP

Magnus J magnus_os at yahoo.se
Sun Jun 1 01:00:32 PDT 2003

Hello everyone

I'm getting a fatal trap when I do 'shutdown' on an SMP-box that
I did cvsup on RELENG_5_1 yesterday.
'reboot' works without any problems.

This is the message:

cpuid=1; lapic.id = 01000000
fault virtual address   = 0x0
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xe0197d11
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xe0197cec
frame pointer           = 0x10:0x8
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 11 (idle: cpu1)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid=1; lapic.id = 01000000
boot() called on cpu#1

The machine is a 2x933 MHz PIII, Mainboard is Tyan Tiger 230,
1.5 GB RAM.

If you need more details, please let me know.
I'm not a member of this mailing list.

Regards
Magnus