SMPng status?

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Jul 23 19:31:44 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 02:06:24PM -0700, Scott M. Likens wrote:
> Out of curiosity I was wondering what the SMPng status was?
>
> I have heard it's not fully implemented due to KSE/libthr not fully
> implemented.
>
> I was wondering if this was incorrect information or what?

That's not really correct.  The SMP threading libraries are one aspect
of SMP development work in 5.x, and modulo bugs, optimization,
architectural issues and non-i386 platform support they work.  The
major aspect of SMP development is kernel subsystem locking, which is
not yet complete, and will not be for some time.

If you're willing to deal with the usual caveats of running -CURRENT,
then by all means do so :-)

Kris