FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

Stephane Raimbault segr at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 08:56:43 PDT 2003

Hi Bosko,

Looking at netstat -m, the value I'd probably be interested in is the
following:

3% of cluster map consumed

knowing that the Maximum possible is 25600 I can deduce that ~768 are being
used?  Is that correct.  I'm not much of a programmer, but I did recognize
the printf(); statements from a C class I didn't do well in half a decade
ago... as you can tell, I'm not much of a programmer :).  If it's not the 3%
I should be paying attention too... then let me know :)

As for using the option DDB in my kernel, I do have one question.  I do have
remote console access that I use to go into single user mode on the box
remotely.  I'm suspecting I could use the debugger mode over the
comconsole... I just want to make sure there is some kind of reboot command
from the debugger so that I can tell the box to reboot once I've captured
the stack trace?  If so, I'll enable the DDB tonight and get you the info as
soon as I can.

thanks again,
Stephane.