Does linux-sun-jdk_1.4.2 work?

Adam blueeskimo at gmx.net
Mon Jul 21 20:41:25 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 22:35, Adam Migus wrote:
> Perhaps you should try writing a port yourself before
> you judge others on whether or not their ports are
> released too early or not.
> When you get your foot out of your mouth also try using
> your full name in your email address too so people can
> use it when calling you a pompous ass.  I wouldn't want
> people getting us confused...

Eh, there's no need to flaming here. I never said maintaining Java on
FreeBSD was easy. I said that Java support on FreeBSD is dodgy, which is
really a well-known public fact, for anyone that's ever done any reading
on the subject. In fact, when the core developers give a public
interview, this is frequently a topic of discussion.

Perhaps you should try working with Java 1.4.x on FreeBSD before you
assume something about me that's highly inaccurate. I think you'll find
very quickly that it doesn't work nicely unless the process is running
as root.

--
Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net>