Does linux-sun-jdk_1.4.2 work?

Adam Migus adam at migus.org
Mon Jul 21 19:35:38 PDT 2003

Adam said:
> On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 08:55, Yamada Ken Takeshi wrote:
>>   I have the followinacquirer and cannot compile jdk14
>> on FreeBSD-current, July 20th. cvsup'ed with the
>> latest
>> linux_base.
>>
>>   Is is unique to me alone?
>>
>> tyd3# /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java -version
>> #
>> # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
>> # Please report this error at
>> # http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
>> #
>> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2-b28
>> mixed mode)
>> #
>> # Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505001C9
>> #
>>
>> Heap at VM Abort:
>> Heap
>
> It happens to me too. Looks like this port was released
> too quickly.
> Java on FreeBSD is always a bit dodgy, it seems.
>
> --
> Adam <blueeskimo at gmx.net>

Actually it's trying to aquire a lock on a file in the
linux proc filesystem which is most likely failing
because you have the Linux proc file system mounted
read-only.  Try mounting it read-write...
Hmmmmm...

amigus at ludo:ttyp0:amigus$ grep -ci blueeskimo at gmx.net
/src/freebsd/ports/INDEX
0
amigus at ludo:ttyp0:amigus$

Perhaps you should try writing a port yourself before
you judge others on whether or not their ports are
released too early or not.
When you get your foot out of your mouth also try using
your full name in your email address too so people can
use it when calling you a pompous ass.  I wouldn't want
people getting us confused...

Regards,
--
Adam Migus - Research Scientist