current iso snapshots

Chris Knight chris at e-easy.com.au
Mon Jul 14 18:26:05 PDT 2003

Howdy,

My Thinkpads (i1200, TP600) work OK, but you can't use ACPI on
them with the default DSDT.

Press Space at the boot loader countdown, then issue:

set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1
boot

Your Thinkpad should then boot OK. AFAIK some newer functionality
may be lost without ACPI support.

If this works for you, then you want to add the following to
/boot/loader.conf:

hint.acpi.0.disabled=1

AFAICT getting ACPI working properly on a Thinkpad involves
learning AML to modify the default DSDT to work correctly with
acpica. I haven't got that far yet though.

stinkpad - haven't heard that before. Appropriate term when trying
to get 5.x running on them...

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
E-Easy
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.e-easy.com.au