newbus questions

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Mon Jul 14 17:36:01 PDT 2003

I'm working on ECDT support for ACPI and ran into a couple newbus-related
questions.

1. I'm using the identify entry as a way to get called early on in the
boot process.  However, this does not happen before $PIR evaluation.  How
should I hook in a routine for pre-$PIR execution?

2. I need to call bus_alloc_resource() to get access to some io ports.
However, calling BUS_READ_IVAR in the identify routine gets a bad pointer
deref.  So how do I get a handle to use for allocating the IO ports
(first arg of bus_alloc_resource)?

3. It appears bus_alloc_resource() takes a range of values.  If I know the
exact value to use, I request it via "value, value" instead of "0, ~0".
Is this correct?

The framework for this code is in ec_identify() and ec_attach() in
sys/dev/acpica/acpi_ec.c.

Thanks,
Nate