Belkin USB2serial F5U103

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Mon Jul 14 13:02:35 PDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Guenter Doerrhoefer wrote:

> According to the release note the Belkin F5U103 should be supported. I
> could not get it to operate, the device is recognized but cannot be
> configured. Anyone got the Belkin to cooperate with 5.2-current?

Heh, this reminded me to actually test the driver. It looks like there's
an off-by-1 error in the speed setting code.  With my Mac set to 38400, I
have to set the -current box to 19200 in cu to get it to communicate
properly.  (This is testing with the F5U103 in my PC and my PowerBook with
a Keyspan adapter, connected with a null modem cable.  I run a terminal on
both ends.)

I'm debugging this and will report back shortly, unless the ubsa
maintainers want to chip in.

> Hint for programming: The port UCOMn mounted by the USBA-driver must
> remain open after settings are made, otherwise the settings are lost
> when port is closed.

This is standard BSD serial device behavior.  Annyoingly, ucom does not
provide initial-setting devices and the like so you can't set a default.
It would be a nice feature to add.