PATCH - updated EC driver

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Thu Jul 10 10:40:32 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, John Baldwin wrote:
> Yes, this gets rid of the message at boot times.  I do get some of these messages
> while the system is running, but I used to receive those erros before.  The only
> difference is that now the error code is AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE rather than
> AE_ERROR.

Ok, I have committed the patch and the default behavior is to wait up to
50 ms instead of 10 ms (which was the previous default).  For waits longer
than 1 ms, msleep is used instead of DELAY.  I'm hoping 50 ms is enough to
even get rid of your occasional timeouts.  I changed the error code to be
more descriptive than AE_ERROR so that is intentional.

Let me know if there are any problems.

-Nate