HTT on single CPU?

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Wed Jul 9 18:48:16 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:54:40PM +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> M. Warner Losh wrote:
>
> > In message: <20030709150718.GC28375 at Odin.AC.HMC.Edu>
> >             Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
> > : P4's below ~3.1GHz do not actually provide logical CPU support.
> >
> > We have several 2.4GHz parts that appear to contradict this
> > statement.  However, we can't use HTT w/o a proper motherboard that
> > supports HTT CPUs.
>
> How can I found out whether a board supports HTT or not?
> I haven't seen it in none description I checked. Are some
> chipsets (865, 875) always ready or is the bios programmer
> the guy who must activate this feature?
>
> > Warner
>
> Jens

Almost anything which has come out in the last 3 months should have
in their description if they support HT. Also they usual will have
a bios option. There are chipsets which just need extra hardware
for the smp support, so you can find a board with chipset x, which
doesn't support SMP/HT and you will find another with the same
chipset which wil support it.

--
Regards, Ulf.