Broken ep0

Maxime Henrion mux at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 9 08:40:07 PDT 2003

Mark Murray wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since your last round of changes to if_ep.c (up to 1.117), the pccard ep0
> on my ToPIC97 based laptop is broken.
>
> I've chatted to Warner about this, and I have a local hack where I back
> out a fix of his, and this allows the ep0 device to work (I think he said
> there was a race condition in the interrupts).
>
> Can you have a look at this please?
>
> The symptoms are an ep0 that works for a few packets and then completely
> stops working. It doesn't respond to pings, nothing.

I think you and/or Warner got mistaken.  My last round of changes to
if_ep.c _fixed_ some race conditions that previously weren't a problem,
but became a problem once Warner flag'd the pccbb interrupts
INTR_MPSAFE.  It's very possible that there are other problems left in
the ep(4) driver, but I highly doubt my changes to if_ep.c are the
culprit.  I'm sorry but I can't do anything for you since I don't even
have ep(4) hardware here ; I was able to fix the race conditions
mentioned above because people reported panics with stacktrace that made
the problem obvious.

Cheers,
Maxime