/dev/shm

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jul 7 06:40:37 PDT 2003

Marcin Dalecki schrieb am 2003-07-07:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
> >Update your Linux top or run fewer processes on it then. :->
>
> You know that file system name lookup is one of the most
> expensive system calls under UNIX?

So what? If you don't like the interface because it does ever so
expensive file system lookups (I wonder what's so expensive if no disk
drive latencies are involved), suggest a better one and donate an
implementation.

I'm sure I'd find disadvantages of non-Linux top if I only cared to
look. I don't. It works when I need it, it's not in my way otherwise,
that's as much as I care.

--
Matthias Andree