/dev/shm

Thomas Dickey dickey at radix.net
Mon Jul 7 02:33:39 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 10:22:02AM +0200, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:
> > (still waiting for FreeBSD to "complete" a sysinstall program that doesn't
> > look as if it was an assignment for high-school interns).
>
> What's the matter with "sysinstall" ?
> I very much like "sysinstall" as it is now. :)

to be perfectly fair, the 5.x version of sysinstall is slightly improved
from 4.x (it finally - took 5 years - does not overwrite my boot loader
when requested not to).

however.

it still has some odd use of the state information which makes me ask
(and this means it's defective) why did it do _that_ (for instance
installing something _twice_ because I visited the targets menu twice).

if someone set out to test it systematically, it wouldn't require the
snide remarks, "well, submit patches".

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at radix.net> <dickey at herndon4.his.com>
http://dickey.his.com