Corroupted CVS File (fwd)

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Thu Jul 3 09:02:14 PDT 2003

John,

It appears I may not be going insane after all. The file is received OK
from cvsup7 and from cvsup10. When I check out (using cvs co) from my
local repo or rsync the repo to another machine on my network here at
home, the file is corrupted. Looks like I've found some kind of issue
with -CURRENT. I'm running 5.1-REL.

The rsync process is still running. It hasn't even copied the file over
yet it appears to have made it's first pass through my CVS tree and
suddenly the file is corrupt. I've run the following against my CVS
tree:

	find . -type f | file -f - | grep ':.*data$'

It's managed to flag quite a few files however only the file in
question appears to be damaged so far.

I'm cc'ing this to current@ as I'm fearing the worst at the moment.

Cheers,
--
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>        http://www.komquats.com/
BC Government                     .                       FreeBSD UNIX