HEADS UP: Atheros 802.11 support

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Jul 1 06:57:13 PDT 2003

In message: <20030628223300.GD8119 at zot.electricrain.com>
            "Gregory P. Smith" <greg at electricrain.com> writes:
: On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 11:40:13PM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
: > My work to support the Atheros 802.11 hardware is now entirely in the tree
: > and enabled for use.  The ath driver supports all Atheros hardware devices
: > and makes FreeBSD the first open source system to support 802.11a and
: > 802.11g*.  There are still issues with the driver.  man ath(4) for details.
: >
: > 	Sam
: >
: > *First by a few days--there is also a Linux version of this software
: > available at <http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/>.
:
: maybe not, another linux driver already existed:  http://team.vantronix.net/ar5k/

OK, sam had the first WORKING driver.  I tried this driver and apart
from light a few LEDs, it most definitely didn't "work" for any useful
definition of "work."  "hey, I have this web page, can I count as
first" doesn't count as first.

Warner