interesting time_t error...

Scott M. Likens damm at fpsn.net
Sun Aug 31 15:30:49 PDT 2003

I noticed this earlier.

/usr/bin/tar: Archive octal value 20366603014 is out of time_t range;
assuming two's complement
/usr/bin/tar: Archive octal value 20366603014 is out of time_t range;
assuming two's complement

I was doing portupgrade on xine-ui.

Knowing how to read the time I know it's due to the file date, but
that's quite an interesting way of saying that.

BTW, yes the date on my computer is fine.  it must have been the ftp
server I grabbed it off of.

My only real comment on this, was the way it said it.  Maybe we could
have made it more informational to the not savvy user?