Leaving the group

Sat Jun 12 00:02:39 GMT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:59:38 -0500
Eric Anderson <anderson at centtech.com> wrote:

> Andy Sporner wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have waited to see what kind of comments would have been
> >elicited from Lasse's suggestion and so far it has produced
> >none.  However it has produced many hits of my server.
> >
> >I am really not suprised considering the reply I got
> >here from this one.
> >

> Andy - I personally appreciate your contribution, and software.

Andy, I haven't seen/used your software, but I appreciate your work too.
I followed the discussion about your software here and it seemed to be a
very interesting software. I wanted to wait to look at it until I have
the need for such a solution, or until your software gained a feature
(instant file system replication) I like to see used in a specific
scenario here. At Feb 10 you talked about FREP which is very interesting
(and something which I have an use for), but you talked about it as a
"Proof of concept", this is something which typically doesn't get used
on a production system (and the place where I would use it is a very
important system, it needs stable software, not a proof of concept).
Unfortunately not everybody has the time to look at interesting things
if they aren't ready for production use.

I think there are more people than only me which read this list and have
an @freebsd.org address which waited for an official mail from you to
current@ with a "Hey, I have a HA patchset here, and I think it's stable
enough to get integrated into the official source." to look more closely
at it.

It's sad to see you in a mood where you say this will not happen.

> To be fair, though, I think giving the email a few hours for people to
> respond is a little short - many people are not in your timezone, and
> are sleeping.. many are busy working, and aren't reading this list until
> they get home.. many people, like myself, get the mails, but skip past
> them to the 'work' emails, then come back to them when they get a chance..

And some people may be on holiday...

> Anyway, thanks for the contribution that I guess nobody will be able to
> thank you for again.. maybe you'll change your mind before someone else
> writes a replacement..

Maybe we can convince him to take a break and to think a little bit
about it. After a while he maybe reconsiders his decision.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           I'm available to get hired (preferred in .lu).