Chromium Build Failures

clutton clutton at zoho.com
Sun Nov 20 02:34:52 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-11-18 at 23:43 -0800, Ori Bernstein wrote:

> Buy I don't see anything in either linker flags or the wrapper
> scripts that
> would lead to -Wl,-no-undefined getting passed down here. Does lld
> behave
> differently than gnu ld? I noticed that we seem to be using it now,
> no idea
> how new that is.

Oh-uh, take a look at build/config/compiler/BUILD.gn everything you
need is here.
The codebase are so large that without -Wl,-z,defs it would be hard to
survive. Don't disable this, just find a workaround instead.

Also, thank you for trying to build out/Debug, it's rather an unknown
realm. There would be a lot of patches it you succeed running it,
building is not so big problem comparing to running.