FreeBSD Port: www/chromium

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Mon Jul 22 19:27:33 UTC 2013

On 21 July 2013 04:10, Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. <lkchen at ksu.edu> wrote:
> While it compiles....it doesn't run very well...
>
> Certain pages/sites....some or all of the links will be unclickable.
>
> For example....in Zimbra web interface, I could not reply to this message until I reverted back to previous version of chromium.  While I could navigate folders and such, the message bar buttons would work....reply button wouldn't work.
>
> In nagios....none of the links could be clicked at all (made it hard to acknowledge a downed service....)

The behaviour you're seeing is because you've run out of
shared-memory. Chromium doesn't reliably release the IPC resources
when it exits or dies. If you log out and do a "ipcs", you'll see
shared-memory segments still assigned to you. Removing the segments
will restore chromium's ability to display web-pages.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>