freezing tabs

George Liaskos geo.liaskos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:47:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Alexander Best <arundel at freebsd.org> wrote:
> hi there,
>
> does anybody experience this behavior, too? sometimes chromium's tabs are
> freezing and nothing seems to work anymore. a 'sudo ipcrm -W' clears the
> situation. i've disabled the linux flash plugin and it still occurs.
>
> i'm running HEAD (r226023) on amd64.
>
> cheers.
> alex

Hello,

I 've experienced this issue yesterday. It was on a box that i don't use
Xorg from the devel repository, this box has also an nvidia card.

On my laptop i use intel with the kms patches.

Can you please test Chromium without files/patch-ui__base__x__x11_util.cc?
With this patch removed and kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=0 Chromium
does not detect any X shared memory support, this has changed with ports/157730.

I have Chromium 15 almost ready so i will do some test too.

Regards,
George