current chromium throws Trace/BPT Trap

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:58:22 UTC 2011

2011/11/10 René Ladan <rene at freebsd.org>:
> I rebuilt all my ports this week on my laptop because of base/ports openssl
> conflicts and chose base gcc as the compiler for all ports unless some port
> insisted on another lang/gcc* version (including chromium). With just
> CODECS and GCONF, chromium 15.0.874.106 works fine (world and
> kernel are still built with clang, 9.0-rc2-amd64).

On this machine both world and ports are compiled with clang (except
some ports that can't be built with clang). Chromium is built with
GCONF and CLANG|GCC45 options.

> I assume you use the default versions for your ports (ok, I have
> WITHOUT_NOUVEAU defined to make the binary NVidia driver work)

Yes, WITHOUT_NOUVEAU and current nvidia driver here too.

I have one more machine with worls/ports compiled with clang where
chromium works, but that machine is i386. And this is not the only
difference. The last update to devel/icu works differently on
i386/amd64 i.e. works for i386 but fails test for amd64. Same for
editors/openoffice.org - it works for i386 but requires gcc-compiled
libgcc_s.so.1 on amd64.

--
Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow.