10.0.648.204 port doen't work on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE

Andrew andrew at flarn.com
Mon Apr 11 16:01:16 UTC 2011

I've got a 8.2-STABLE amd64 desktop with 12GB ram so I could test
debug builds, are there any tips for debugging chromium?

I've also noticed there's been quite a bit of work in HEAD around
threading, so perhaps the reason for the failure on 8.x lies there as
there seems to be mention of process shared mutex, which I'm guessing
is what we're talking about for multi-process chromium.

Oddly I've tried running chrome --renderer-cmd-prefix='xterm -e gdb72
--eval-command=run --args' and it seems to work correctly.

When I try running without gdb I hit:
[0411/162832:FATAL:condition_variable_posix.cc(36)] Check failed: rv == 0.
Unable to get symbols for backtrace. Dumping raw addresses in trace:
        0x1276099
        0x12b31ac
        0x12b50a2
        0x12b50d9