Unix-FreeBSD Systems Admin position in Rockville, MD (Permanent opening)

Ryan Jones ryan at realinterface.com
Mon Sep 19 20:50:58 UTC 2011

Hi ,

This is Ryan Jones from Realinterface. We have a position that very closely
matches your skill set. Can you please call me on 714-729-4011 for a few
quick minutes or email me the best time to call you and we can discuss the
position?

You may go through the summary of the position below:

Title of the position: Unix - FreeBSD Systems Admin

Type: Permanent

City, State and Zip code of the job location: Rockville, MD 20850

To know the job description in detail, you may scroll to the bottom of the
page.

*Please attach your updated resume along with your answers*

*Please find the attached Questionnaire for your reference and reply with
your answers*

Please feel free to forward this email to any friends or colleagues that may
be interested in this position

Note: This is not an automated e-mail, please reply.

Regards,

Ryan Jones

Sr. Technical Recruiter

Realinterface
 <http://www.realinterface.com> www.realinterface.com

Direct # 714-729-4011

 <mailto:ryan at realinterface.com> ryan at realinterface.com

Job Description:

Unix Systems Administrator

Our client's software manages the email newsletters for some of the biggest
brands you know.

It's a fun place to work and you will learn a lot!

Here is some of what you will do your first year:

.           Build out and deploy new FreeBSD servers running Apache and
postfix

.           Keep live production systems humming with 99.99% uptime

.           Make sure system monitoring is fine-tuned using Nagios

.           Diagnose and fix networking problems using your TCP/IP knowledge

.           Configure firewalls, VPN connectivity, DNS servers, SMTP servers

.           Analyze mail and system logs and create/update documentation

.           Coordinate with vendors on new equipment purchases

.           Ensure proper data backup and archival procedures are followed

.           Maintain our VoIP telephone system and Windows and Mac
workstations

Requirements

.           Familiarity with managing FreeBSD 8 on servers, Windows and
MacOS desktops

.           Car to occasionally drive to data center to pick up and deliver
equipment (and ability to lift rack mount servers)

.           Knowledge of networking technologies (switches, wiring,
firewalls)

.           Ability to write shell and/or Perl scripts; other languages
beneficial