Superstitious users and the FreeBSD logo

Paul Schenkeveld freebsd at psconsult.nl
Sun Dec 4 21:31:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 01:40:19PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> ROFL! This should be part of the official collection of artwork.

+1

So why not make the user choose which logo to use for FreeBSD, have
different versions of the website, CD-ROM/DVD kits, books, shirts and
other merchandise? ;-)

> If we used this, all we'd need to worry about is offending the atheists. ;-)

And jews, muslims, hindoes, buddhists ...

Christians are a minority in this world!

Seriously, this discussion led to the new logo a couple of years ago.
If you want to see horns in the two things sticking out of the sphere or
associate the color red with something evil, you can associate almost
any logo or symbol to something bad or evil in this world.

Wouldn't we be better off spending our time on making the operating
system of your choice even better?

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld