gmail vs freebsd

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 05:23:19 UTC 2011

I for what ever reason do not trust my self to store my critical
digital information locally and thus store it all on these different
free services that have a long duration (they or their parent
organization) such as gmail and other such first gen on line file
stores for the masses sites... well the issue is I am running out of
disk room on gmail after 5 years of a no delete policy (10's is 100's
of thousands emails) and I need to filter out and delete the ones I
will truely never read from those that I might read and those that for
a lack of a better phrase "OMG HOW DID I FORGET THIS ONE".... large
numbers of these can be filtered out by some short of fairly trivial
regular expression (a DFA that has no sub FA that is a NFA level
RE's).... I can do this with some fancy download and store your local
machine as a system in box and use procmail or something to do this...
for personal reasons we dislike the idea of having download and then
upload and are looking for a solution that can be completely in
gmail.... namely we want to sort the archived mail into categories or
do the same but sorted by sender... we then want to use it by googls
good ad-hoc search allows us to comb the archieve while getting rid of
email that will never be dealt with by with a human this requries some
fancy gmail configs also... I do not expected anyone here to be but
can anyone point me to a good site to start my studys on advanced
gmail use