CRM-ish systems anyone?

Jamie jamie at geniegate.com
Thu Sep 23 18:57:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 01:44:55AM -0700, Michael Eubanks wrote:
> > The way I'd picture this working is very much the way CVS or SVN does,
> > a bunch of shell script "hooks" use stdio to sync with other tools:
> >
> >    plugins/project/get_client_projects.sh $client_id
> >
> > openerp looked really promising, but it seems to want to do everything
> > and on FreeBSD anyway it crashes a lot. (don't know if thats the same
> > with linux, I suspect it is)
> >
> Maybe. Is it possible to use openerp on a system like Windows? Hopefully
> that doesn't make you cringe or anything. I just figure that if openerp
> is what you're looking for, then it might be possible to get it to work.
> The simplicity aspect is only in the eye of the beholder. Anyway, best
> of luck.

Openerp was just too much, tried to do to many things. I ended up
rolling my own time tracking system in python, and using "at" + a mail
alias for the "tickle file".

It's a shame when everything tries to do everything rather than just be
something that works with other things.

Jamie
--
http://www.geniegate.com                    Custom web programming
Perl * Java * UNIX                        User Management Solutions