Development interface and editor

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Wed Mar 31 20:47:02 UTC 2010

At 02:22 p.m. 31/03/2010, you wrote:
>What do you mean by GUI interface? Do you mean desktop environment?
>
>I would recommend you develop under whatever resembles the most your
>production environment. (I believe you already do this).
>The feature that I need the most out of my code editor is syntax
>highlighting and the ability to chance color theme to accommodate mood
>and lighting. I use gnome editor (gedit) and vim (when in the server)
>. Eclipse is not bad, I use it at work because we use CVS and I can do
>a lot of CVS operations under it. I just wish it was written in C/C++
>or anything faster than Java because it is really CPU/Memory abuser in
>my opinion.
>
>What operating system are you using in your laptop?
>
>-r

Hello.

Yes I mean a desktop environment.
ACtually on my lap I am under Windows XP-Pro. Instead of notepad I am
using a very old bYT EXCELLENT EDITOR QEDIT and its STR version QTSR.
I have been using that editor since clipper and pascal times...
anyway. I am looking for something more developer alike (if I can say
that) for the PHP environment.
The Freebsd production environment has not  graphical interface. My
virtual machine has not either. This something I need and want to
decide, if I need to go graphical under Freebsd or another , I can do
it but if possible would like to stay with my lap as it is since I
have a couple of clients that I do maintenance to their systems and
are developed under a tool that only can be used under windows.....
As I said I can buy a tool if need it but not too expensive of course :=)

Thanks to all for the comments.
Jorge Biquez