[ fbsd_chat ] domain_name registrar recommendation - thanx

spellberg_robert emailrob at emailrob.com
Tue Mar 23 00:58:34 UTC 2010

just a short note to say "thanks" to all of you.
sorry to take so long; life is a bowl of NMIs.

network solutions applied a 30_day "transfer block", for my "protection".
that act sealed their fate.
i need drama like i need a death_panel.

speaking of "drama", a specific response to mr. riese, if i may.

your point is well taken.

permit me to take this opportunity to recommend to you the films of gloria grahame
   [ http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002108/
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Grahame
   ];
   in particular:

     "crossfire", 1947_jul_22_tue, d. ed dmytryk, opposite three famous roberts,

     "in a lonely place", 1950_may_17_wed, d. nick ray, opposite humphrey bogart [ my personal favorite ],

     "the bad and the beautiful", 1952_dec_25_thu, d. vincente minelli, she and lana turner are opposite --five-- famous leading men,

     "the big heat", 1953_oct_14_wed, d. fritz lang, opposite glenn ford and, memorably, opposed by lee marvin
       [ >---->
           there is a --major-- plot_point spoiler, with no alert, in the wikipedia article;
           have a friend adjust your browser_scrolling to hide the two revealing text_lines, if you haven't seen the film
       ].

these films contain what are, perhaps, her four greatest dramatic roles;
   but, then, what do i know ?

after these, "it's a wonderful life" [ 1946_dec_20_fri, d. frank capra, opposite jimmy stewart ] becomes a different film.

[ in "the big heat", look for the scene on the sidewalk outside the bar where she meets glenn ford.
   any two actors can do a walk_and_talk, when they are side_by_side, walking forward.
   she is facing him during the dialogue, walking backward.
   today's actors would need cgi so as to appear to be doing this.
]

rob