FreeBSD text based games - Dungeoncrawl - My test box

christopher floess skeptikos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:30:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Jayton Garnett <jayton.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Games? games? What are they?  I do not understand this term - Games.

I too dont play games, though the original post made me try nethack.
I've been too busy to pursue it, but it wasn't bad. I just wanted to
chime in about old machines. I had a 500 mHz Pentium that actually ran
as my backup machine for quite some time, until a few months ago, when
I had to clean house for the gf.

Everytime one of my main machines went down because the motherboard
died or the processor died or something else died, this thing fired up
and ran as a stand in for a regular desktop for my school work.
FreeBSD + fvwm2 worked just fine. If I remember correctly, I even used
OpenOffice. It made things a little slow, but it was definitely
usable, so papers were finished, programs were written :)

The last time used it, I ran it as a webserver for a website to manage
a group project for one of my professors. In return, I got an
internship in Berlin. That's what I'm in the middle of right now. All
in exchange for taking someones "trash".

Bye everyone -- Chris