Is there anybody to use Linux?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Sun Nov 15 18:34:47 UTC 2009

At 08:55 AM 11/15/2009, Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:

>Since FreeBSD's flash is not good, i'm considering to use linux box for
>desktop, instead of FreeBSD. Please advice me about using Linux distro
>like as Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora!

Unfortunately, the best desktop Flash you are going to get is going
to be for Windows. Not that I like Windows much, mind you, but I
find that it makes a good browser platform and GUI terminal when
used in conjunction with FreeBSD servers.

As for WINE: I gave it up when it went GPL. I have no need for
anything with a viral license. I am waiting for the day when I can
build FreeBSD with a GPL-free toolchain and run without any GPLed
code anywhere on the box. (This day may be coming soon, by the way.
I hear through the grapevine that clang can build the FreeBSD
userland and may not be far from being able to build the -CURRENT kernel.)

--Brett Glass