FreeBSD jobs

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue May 19 13:37:34 UTC 2009

Julian Stacey wrote:
 > Alfred Perlstein wrote:
 > > [[ moved thread to -chat ]]
 >
 > I already subsequently wrote to Achim: on hackers@

This is completely off-topic on hackers at .

 > > You'r right on adults & free choice, I'll drop that rather than drift.
 >
 > I will stick to commitment & discuss that no further on hackers or chat.
 >
 > > What I was trying to illustrate is what jobs@ censors pass & block.
 >
 > That's on hackers at .  chat@ is for off topic non FreeBSD related.

I'm afraid that's not correct.  Basically, the chat@ list
is for everything that would be off-topic on the other
lists.  That includes FreeBSD-related topics as well as
non FreeBSD-related topics.

The FreeBSD Handbook says:  "For free-form discussion on no
particular topic, the FreeBSD chat mailing list is freely
available and should be used instead."

 > FreeBSD censorship is FreeBSD related.

You mean moderation, not censorship.  The jobs@ list is
a perfect example of a list that requires moderation.
In fact, this whole thread confirms that point.

Best regards
   Oliver

"We will perhaps eventually be writing only small modules which are identi-
fied by name as they are used to build larger ones, so that devices like
indentation, rather than delimiters, might become feasible for expressing
local structure in the source language." -- Donald E. Knuth, 1974