Announcing FreeBSD Bounties!

Matt Olander matt at ixsystems.com
Thu Mar 5 12:51:45 PST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Nicole wrote:

> [...]

Thanks Nicole! I've talked the iXsystems management team (of which I
am a part) into acting as the escrow manager for any significant funds
generated from the SponsorBSD site. I definitely agree that FreeBSD
needs more marketing love and we have dedicated people on staff now to
work towards that end.

We are now up to over 12 large trade shows in the United States (plus
BSDCan) a year with the "official" FreeBSD booth with backdrop, CDs, t-
shirts, and promotional materials. The latest version of PC-BSD has
over 770k downloads, many of which are brand new users to any type of
BSD.

We're formally launching the SpreadBSD.org site, where we'll keep the
community abreast of our marketing plans and provide a repository of
materials to present to new users, management, and enthusiasts.

As always, volunteers welcome!

Be well!
-matt