A theory on why microsoft makes such crappy stuff after all these years

Rick N solarux at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:38:46 UTC 2009

 Its not any more of a conspiracy than the "car" industry.

 Nuthin' really new here  :)

They're are many parallels with both now today, and not just because of the digital computer revolution....

 I started in the automotive industry many moons ago, and since the early 90's I've watched Microsoft copy their "planned obsolecence" ideals, very similarly to the auto-industry, (specifically manufacturing).

 In the old car days its used to be "...yup, they sure don't make them like they used to....". You know that's true, 'cause to buy a "new" car, up until lately somewhat, you needed a small mortgage and you'll be throwing that car away in 5 years anyway just like a "Bic" butane lighter.

 I agree, but if Microsoft made it a priority to built hardware/software to work really well and last longer than my coffee, then they wouldn't even be 1/1,000th as rich as they are today.

 The new cars/PC's are both pure "junk" in less than 5 years.