Oracle buys Sun

Person, Roderick personrp at UPMC.EDU
Tue Apr 21 11:27:16 UTC 2009

> From what I know Oracle do not have a good history with open source (and not a bad one... yet)... they only took Linux from Red Hat and are
> making money of it... I don't think they will give something back to open source community but... we'll see...

Doesn't Oracle own Postgres Db? I would think that would have something to do with what they do with MySQL or vice versa.

Rod Person
Sr. Programmer
http://www.ccbh.com

"And of all the passions the most mischievous is pleasure. Why so? Because all things are the slave of pleasure; and because the life of the wicked is governed by pleasure as by a master."
- Philo
    The Second Book of the Treatise on The Allegories of the Sacred Laws, after the Work of the Six Days of Creation.