Google Chrome

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Sep 8 11:07:29 UTC 2008

Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > Google Chrome is open source.  If you're really worried that it might be
> > secretly collecting data about you and sending it to Google, you are
> > free to read the source code, modify any parts you think are suspect,
> > and build your own binaries.
> really - are you able to really check this overcomplex code that it
> has, or mozilla etc?

Searching for code that sends data over the network and checking that
it's benign?  Sure.  There is also something called ktrace (or strace on
Linux) that will give you very detailed information about what an
application does.

But I'm starting to understand that you're not really interested in
reasonable arguments - like most conspiracy theorists, you *want* your
theory to be true, and will reject or ignore any evidence to the
contrary.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no