using VPNs to cope with IP address changes

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Sat Nov 29 07:26:16 PST 2008

Dan Langille wrote:
> This weekend I plan to fix up some IP address problems using a VPN. Full
> details here:
>
> http://dan.langille.org/2008/11/26/avoiding-dynamic-ip-address-woes-with-a-vpn/

I'll wish you luck ... certain, of course, that you'll get it set up in
a way that is at least somewhat satisfactory.

I recently dealt with this using your option #2.  Again, my setup is
a tad different (ipfw and /etc/hosts.allow were the two biggest items
I needed to deal with).

Incidentally, I note no responses on your blog just yet, and wondered
if it had something to do with the CAPTCHA being Darn Near Impossible
to read (IMHO)?  Maybe it's just my eyes.

Kevin Kinsey
--
Once upon a time there...