Would Linux exist without the Internet?

Steven Susbauer stupendoussteve at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 20:29:12 PDT 2008

mdh wrote:
> [...]

I believe it's from an old LinuxNews piece, from October 1992 -
http://www.abc.se/~m9339/linux/linuxdoc/linuxnews03a.html

"LN:	How do you feel about Minix, 386BSD, and Hurd and their authors?
Are they rivals, or or allies?

Linus:	386BSD and Hurd are most definitely allies - I'll be happy to
help them any way I can (for 386BSD I was already able to help with the
math-emulator, and I've been in contact with some others re: vm86 etc).
*If 386BSD had been available a year earlier, I would probably never
have started on Linux*, but as it is, I'm happy to say that 386BSD
didn't automatically mean that Linux wasn't worth it. Both 386BSD and
Linux have their points, and I naturally think Linux is more fun."

So there you have it, pull out your time machines. ;)